Postdoctorate Internship of Toxicology
Trojan Technologies, University of Western Ontario
Reports to: Research Team Leader
Purpose of position:
A one-year post-graduate research project is available with Trojan Technologies in collaboration with the University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario. Canada. The position is part of the Trojan Research team whose focus is to execute world class scientific investigations to support the development and commercialization of leading edge, environmentally friendly technologies for water remediation, ensuring safe, high quality drinking water for people. The objective of the project is to examine, to understand, and to remediate any potential impact of various water treatment processes on water quality with regards to potential toxic effects. A broad array of relevant toxicity assays, including in vitro mutagenicity and genotoxicity assays, will be employed in accordance with the international guidelines and standardized procedures.
Essential skills, knowledge, and abilities:
- Strong knowledge and experience in biochemical and chemical toxicology
- Ability to evaluate standard genetic toxicology assays to determine the relative genotoxic potential of organic mixtures
- Hands-on experience with mammalian cell culture, aseptic technique, and quantitative cell-based assays
- Planning and conducting laboratory experiments on in vitro (use of bacterial and cell culture) biological systems
- Adapt or develop, and implement toxicity assays according to the international guidelines and to the best QA/QC practices
- Analyzing and evaluating statistical data and researching scientific literature
- Publication record in peer-reviewed literature
- Ability to communicate technical information verbally and in writing
- Present and report scientific results in clear and concise manner
- Share ideas, information, and knowledge internally
- Cultivate excellent working relationships within the organization and with external collaborators
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and experience working independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Maintain a safe and organized work environment
- PhD degree in Toxicology or Molecular Biology and Genetics
If interested in this position, please forward your resume via our website. Deadline for submission of resumes: April 23, 2013.
American Preclinical Services
Primary duties and responsibilities:
Responsible for managing all hands-on operational aspects of the in vitro and cellular testing associated with the biocompatibility department, including leading and directing all in vitro assay related activities. This group will focus on ISO-10993 testing for medical device biocompatibility.
Develops processes that will ensure the integrity, accuracy, and timeliness of study data. Adherence to GLP and non-GLP study guidelines is mandatory. Other managerial duties include equipment and laboratory process planning, budget reporting, interviewing and hiring of staff, staff training, establishing and modifying SOP’s, and ensuring timelines are met.
- MS or PhD degree in biological sciences or related field.
- Three to five years experience in a cell culture/cell biology laboratory setting.
- Biocompatibility or medical device research experience, with knowledge of and experience with technical operational processes and functions of a medical device focused biocompatibility testing setting preferred.
- Management experience highly desirable.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Strong working knowledge of AAALAC, USDA, US FDA, and GLP regulations.
- Must be able to clearly speak, write, read, and understand English.
If you are interested in this position, please send resume via email to American Preclinical Services.
Deputy Director for Research, RS-1320-00
Department Of Health And Human Services/US FDA
The Food and Drug Administration’s National Center for Toxicological Research (NCTR) is conducting an executive search for a candidate to fill the position of Deputy Director for Research. To view position details and apply for the position
under the Chemist (1320) job series visit the website.
Deputy Director for Research, RS-0401/0403/0415-00
Department Of Health And Human Services/US FDA
The Food and Drug Administration’s National Center for Toxicological Research (NCTR) is conducting an executive search for a candidate to fill the position of Deputy Director for Research. To view position details and apply for the position under the Biologist (401), Microbiologist (403), or Toxicology (415) job series visit the website.