In this Section
- Annual Meeting Announcements
- Applied Genetic Toxicology SIG
- DNA Repair & Mutagenic Mechanisms SIG
- EMGS Special Interest Groups
- Environmental Genetic Toxicology SIG
- Epigenetics SIG
- Heritable Mutation & Disease SIG
- Molecular Epidemiology SIG
- New Technologies SIG
- Risk Assessment SIG
- Transgenics & In Vivo Mutagenesis SIG
- Women in the EMGS
About the Women in the EMGS
Women in the EMGS News<
The Women in the EMGS (WEMGS) group focuses on women’s issues within the EMGS as well as broader issues that face many women in scientific careers.
The mission of WEMGS is to:
- Create opportunities for networking and mentoring for women.
- Encourage leadership and career development.
- Encourage and support representation of women throughout the society and within the scientific community.
During the EMGS meetings, WEMGS provides a forum for discussions focusing on general issues that affect not only women but which are relevant to the general membership of the EMGS. We develop ideas for symposia and topics to be considered by the EMGS program committee for upcoming EMGS meetings.
If you are interested in becoming involved either as a member or would like to give your input into programming ideas for discussions or EMGS program ideas, we encourage any EMGS member to join the WEMGS group. ALL are welcome to attend our meetings and WEMGS hosted EMGS meetings sessions!
Meagan Myers, Chair and Hilde E. van Gijssel, Co-Chair
Files and Images of Interest