Call for Applications
Deadline: March 5, 2021
High quality new investigators who have recently transitioned to independence (≤ 3 years), and who are committed to developing their roles as leaders within the EMGS, are invited to apply to be part of a Newly Independent Investigator Engagement Program.
Applicants who have applied and did not receive the award are strongly encouraged to apply for each year that they meet the eligibility requirements.
- Be involved in research relevant to the EMGS mission
- Be new investigators (≤ 3 years) in research, academia, industry, or government who have recently transitioned to independence from a training position (such as a postdoctoral fellowship).
Recipients are expected to:
- Pay annual membership dues.
- Attend at least two Annual Meetings during the five-year period of their award.
- Submit an abstract to the Annual Meetings that they attend.
- Co-chair a Symposium at one Annual Meeting of their choosing.
- Join a Special Interest Group (SIG).
- Become a member of an EMGS committee by the fourth year of their award.
- Try to publish in Environmental and Molecular Mutagenesis, with waiver of the publication cost.
- Submit a brief yearly report to the EMGS Membership and Professional Development Committee to inform the EMGS of their progress in meeting these expectations.
Each recipient will receive an Annual Meeting registration waiver plus travel costs (four hotel nights and airfare offset) to attend up to three Annual Meetings during their five-year program.