EMGS Undergraduate Research Scholarship
The EMGS is accepting applications for the Undergraduate Research Scholarship until February 11. This scholarship program provides funding to encourage scientific research by underrepresented undergraduate students and supports their attendance at the EMGS annual meeting.
- Financial support ($1,000 for materials and supplies) is provided for underrepresented undergraduate student awardees to conduct a research project in an EMGS member’s lab.
- Travel support (up to $1,500) for undergraduate student awardees to attend the annual EMGS meeting and to present their research findings as a poster and/or platform presentation. EMGS pays registration, three days lodging and per diem, and travel.
- Applicant should seek sponsorship of an EMGS member.
- Applicant typically conducts research project in his/her sponsor’s lab for at least one full semester following receiving the award. Thus, applicants graduating in Spring 2023 are not eligible.
- Application form: student identification information.
- CV of applicant.
- Provide a letter of recommendation from your EMGS sponsor: Using the Notice of NIH’s Interest in Diversity (https://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/notice-files/NOT-OD-20-031.html) as a guide, the letter of recommendation should address how the applicant qualifies as an underrepresented undergraduate student.