Call for Nominations
Deadline: April 1, 2019
New investigators who have recently transitioned to independence are invited to apply to be part of a Newly Independent Investigator Engagement Group.
- Be involved in research relevant to the EMGS mission
- Be new investigators (≤ 3 years) in research, academia, industry, or government who have recently transitioned to independence from a training position (e.g. postdoctoral fellowship).
Recipients are expected to:
- Pay annual membership dues.
- Attend at least two Annual Meetings during the five-year period of their award.
- Submit an abstract to the Annual Meetings that they attend.
- Co-chair a Symposium at one Annual Meeting of their choosing.
- Join a Special Interest Group (SIG).
- Become a member of an EMGS Committee by the fourth year of their award.
- Try to publish in Environmental and Molecular Mutagenesis, with waiver of the publication cost.
- Submit a brief yearly report to the EMGS Membership and Professional Development Committee to inform the EMGS of their progress in meeting these expectations.
Each recipient will receive an Annual Meeting registration waiver plus travel costs (four hotel nights and airfare offset) to attend up to three Annual Meetings during their five-year program.
For more information, visit the EMGS website or contact email@example.com