Deadline: April 1, 2021
The Young Scientist Award is an exciting opportunity for new investigators to showcase their talent to the EMGS community while communicating the importance of their research to the public using a new fun video! The nomination process starts Feb 1st and eligible candidates may self-nominate or be nominated by an EMGS member by sending in the nominee’s name, affiliation, and contact information!
For more information, visit the EMGS website or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- EMGS members in good standing when submitting the nomination, OR
- Non-EMGS members willing to become a member if selected for candidacy.
- Active scientists, with an intent to continue as such.
- Post-doctoral fellows or new investigators who are more than 2 years post terminal degree and less than 6 years post terminal degree, OR
- New faculty or equivalent scientific position no more than 3 years from start of appointment.
- Willing and able to participate fully in the award promotional campaign and attend the annual meeting.
- A plenary lecture presentation at the EMGS Annual Meeting.
- A plaque recognizing the honor.
- A $2,500 award check.
- February 1st: Call for nominations.
- April 1st: Nomination deadline.
- April 15th: Nominees will be invited to submit application materials and videos.
- July 1st: Winner is Announced.
Eligible candidates may self-nominate or be nominated by an EMGS member. For more information, visit the EMGS website or contact email@example.com.