Nomination deadline for EMGS Young Scientist Award extended to April 30, 2018.
The Young Scientist Award is an exciting opportunity for young investigators to showcase their talent to the EMGS community while communicating the importance of their research to the public using a fun crowdfunding video!
Eligible candidates may self-nominate or be nominated by an EMGS member by sending in the nominees name, affiliation, and contact information! We urge each and every member to nominate at least one young scientist for this prestigious award. All you need to do is click on the link below and provide the name and email address of the scientist you wish to nominate. It's that easy!
Award nominees should meet the following criteria:
- EMGS members in good standing; nonmembers can be nominated if willing to join EMGS
- Active scientists, with an intent to continue as such
- New investigators 2 years post terminal degree OR new faculty or equivalent for 3 years
- Willing and able to participate fully in the award promotional campaign and annual meeting
Nominees will be contacted to provide the following materials:
- CV, including the names of three references
- Letter of support from the mentor and/or nominator
- Two examples of the nominees published scholarship
- One-page summary of the nominees research, including their agreement to participate in the campaign
- Three-minute video explaining the research suitable for a lay audience
The winner will be announced by July 1. The award winner will receive:
- A plenary lecture presentation at the EMGS Annual Meeting
- A plaque recognizing the honor
- $2,500 award check to support meeting registration, travel costs, and honorarium