Environmental Mutagenesis & Genomics Society
48th Annual Meeting, Raleigh, North Carolina
September 9-13, 2017 - Raleigh Convention Center
Environmental Health Sciences Bridging the Gap between
Exposure, Mechanism and Public Health
The EMGS welcomes members and attendees from across the US and around the world. Our diversity is essential to our success, and as your national professional society, we are committed to providing a safe and supportive forum for the communication of world-class science. The EMGS Diversity and Inclusion committee sends a special welcome to members of the LGBT community. Please reach out to any member of the EMGS Diversity and Inclusion Committee with your comments or concerns.
Platform Preparation Instructions
The Platform Sessions will be concurrent with one or two other sessions. It is important that you strictly adhere to the times outlined in the program. We have allotted 20 minutes for each presentation, 5 minutes for questions.
Equipment for Platform Talks
Computer equipment will be available for PowerPoint presentations, necessitating that you preload your presentation onto the computer in the speaker ready room at least two hours prior to the session start time. As a backup, several days before the meeting starts, you may also want to send your file to the session chairs as an email attachment.
Presentation Guidelines for Platform Talks
Please keep the following in mind when planning your presentation:
- It is important that you practice your presentation several times prior to delivering it in your session with emphasis on speaking loud and clear.
- A general rule of thumb is that you allow one minute per slide.
- PowerPoint software affords the danger of overloading each slide with too much information, which will detract from the major points on a slide.
- Make sure that all of your text is at least 18 point to ensure that everyone in the audience can read your slides.
- An exemplary presentation includes at least one introductory slide and a summary slide stating the key conclusions. It is also helpful to the audience when you use informative titles on each slide.
- It is a good idea to practice your talk and review your slides with colleagues and senior group members.