EMGS Undergraduate Research Scholarship Program
The EMGS is accepting applications for the Undergraduate Research Scholarship until January 24, 2022. This scholarship provides funding and resources needed to help underrepresented undergraduate students attend the EMGS annual meeting and encourage scientific research. This scholarship program encourages scientific research by underrepresented undergraduate students and supports their attendance at EMGS annual meetings.
If you have questions or would like more information about this program, please contact Dr. Mike Kemp (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Financial support ($1,000 for materials and supplies) is provided for underrepresented undergraduate student awardees to conduct a research project in an EMGS member’s lab.
- Travel support (up to $1,500) for undergraduate student awardees to attend the annual EMGS meeting and to present their research findings as a poster and/or platform presentation. EMGS pays registration, three days lodging and per diem, and travel.
- Applicant should seek sponsorship of an EMGS member
- Applicant typically conducts research project in his/her sponsor’s lab for at least one semester
- Application form: student identification information
- CV of applicant
- Provide a letter of recommendation from your EMGS sponsor:
Using the Notice of NIH’s Interest in Diversity (https://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/notice-files/NOT-OD-20-031.html) as a guide, the letter of recommendation should address how the applicant qualifies as an underrepresented undergraduate student.
Applications are due January 24, 2022. Awards will be announced on March 1, 2022.