Requested Elements in the Letter of Recommendation from the Mentor
- How presentation of the applicant’s current project will contribute to the EMGS meeting.
- The number of years that the applicant has been in the current laboratory (and the number of years in the graduate program or as a postdoctoral fellow, as applicable).
- Knowledge and keeping abreast of relevant literature.
- Strategic thinking/problem solving.
- Scientific maturity (Designing and interpreting experiments).
- Presentation skills of the applicant.
- Growth and improvement of the applicant from the previous year.
- Other aspects of how the applicant would benefit from attending the meeting.
- Has the applicant previously received an EMGS Student and New Investigator Travel Award?